question

cloveruser808 avatar image
cloveruser808 asked cloveruser808 commented

Is there a scenario where a paymentID has more than orderID attached to it?

When getting a single payment, there is an object for [order]. In that object, there is an array of Order IDs. I'd like to know if there is ever a scenario where there is more than one order ID for a single paymentID.

Thanks

REST APIPayments
2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Are you using the /v3/merchants/mid/payments/pid endpoint? That returns an order with a single id:

"order": {
  "id": "orderId"
},

0 Likes 0 ·
cloveruser808 avatar image cloveruser808 David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Yes, that is what I'm using.

Scratch that! I actually think I understand your pattern better just now. I thought that because the way the order object inside the payment was being shown, that it could be conceivable to have more than one orderID attached to a payment.

But I now realize that you use the [elements] tag to indicate that an array of multiple things can belong to the object in question.

If you had any scenario which more than one orderID could be attached to a payment, I would have seen an elements array. So you helped me visualize my answer. Thank you

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community