question

spmolina avatar image
spmolina asked spmolina commented

Access Authorizations App Remotely

I am trying to access the Authorizations app via a remote Intent call. Not unlike the Sale apps Intents.ACTIONMANUALPAY, but for Authorizations instead.

Is there any way of doing this, or is it doomed to failure?

Intents
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered spmolina commented

We don't expose a public interface for auths in the same way we do for sale. There's nothing stopping you from starting it though. The component is com.clover.auths and the main activity is AuthsMainActivity. Again, this is not public and is subject to change at any time.

Intent intent = new Intent().setComponent(new ComponentName("com.clover.auths", "com.clover.auths.AuthsMainActivity");
startActivity(intent);

There does not appear to be a way to pass an amount however.

9 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

op27no2 avatar image op27no2 commented ·

So this would only be available on the mini/mobile, correct? Would we be able to authorize a credit card for a certain amount with an app on the Station via the android sdk, or via the rest api??

0 Likes 0 ·
spmolina avatar image spmolina commented ·

I tried to call the Intent and my app just outright crashed instead of calling it up. It asks me if I've declared it in my AndroidManifest.xml.

Is there something specific I have to do there to run the Authorizations activity?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

Yes, mobile / mini only. Auths functionality is not yet available on Clover Station.

0 Likes 0 ·
op27no2 avatar image op27no2 commented ·

Ok, so REST api cannot create an authorization? Also, a follow-up question for the mobile/mini - I'm trying to implement a streamlined authorization. If you start secure pay with transaction type "authorization", and the transaction goes through and shows up in orders, does that mean the card is good for that amount? (no Authorization has been created to show up in the Auths app, etc, but it the order shows up in Orders). And if so, can that order be subsequently closed without reswiping the card using any of transaction details, or do I need to use the Authorization object in some way?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

Yes, there's a REST API for auths. Authorizations are a complicated process with rules regarding what is allowed. Maybe you could explain how you are trying to streamline process?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community