question

ddux avatar image
ddux asked ddux commented

Is it possible to get if a certain business date is closed?

Hello,

I am new to clover and the clover API and I really need your help with this question:

Is it possible to get if the business date is closed?

Like when getting orders do I have to worry if they've closed the business date or will orders after 12:00AM be considered next days orders?

Cheers, Ddux

Orders
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Mike M avatar image
Mike M answered ddux commented

You can access a merchant's business hours via this endpoint: /v3/merchants/{mId}/opening_hours

That being said, I believe this is a weekly schedule that the merchant sets once, so it won't know about business holidays.

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ddux avatar image ddux commented ·

Thanks mate, I saw that but I was thinking of getting the info on business day bases. I wanted to generate report by business dates but the problem was that there are no real business dates when it comes to clover, it seems to be more timestamp oriented from what I got so far. So I can not get sales that happened after midnight on the previous date. So at this point I just gave up on that report.

0 Likes 0 ·
Mike M avatar image Mike M commented ·

Correct, everything uses timestamps to leave accurate audit trails, amongst other things. I'm not sure I understand your problem, though. Can you not simply query for all orders and partition them into "business day buckets"? That or you can take advantage of our reporting endpoint that takes a startTimestamp and an endTimestamp to summarize the data. However, in the latter case, it still will not be partitioned by business days. Each call with a start/end timestamp would effectively represent 1 bucket.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community