question

greg avatar image
greg asked David Marginian Deactivated commented

Several elements in subscriptionCountries?

Following request to the REST API

https://sandbox.dev.clover.com/v3/apps/appId/merchants/mId/billing_info

returns information about the appSubscription and a field 'subscriptionCountries' containing one element (at least at my tests). Since the field is named in plural I wonder if it really can have more than one element? It would mean that a merchant has e.g. 2 subscriptions, e.g. one in the US and another in Canada. But as far as I know a merchant is always only located in one town. Is it for travelling salesman? How are, by the way, merchant ids assigned if a company has 100 salesmen who travel across the country? It wouldn't be a good deal for an app developer if one could only sell one subscription to such a company if they had only one merchantId.

REST APIMerchant
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

I spoke with someone from the billing team and they said that currently subscriptionCountries will only ever contain 1 element and that it is an array because of the schema.

3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

greg avatar image greg commented ·

Thanks for that! Do you also know how it works with merchant Ids at the "100 travelling salesmen company"?

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ greg commented ·

No I do not, I will have to ask someone.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

So the answer to this is quite complex. Generally, merchant ids are location based, but there are exceptions to this.

1 Like 1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community