question

chris-mick avatar image
chris-mick asked hostbuddy commented

Emulator Setup (Clover Updater Fails to Update)

Using Android Studio 2.1 RC (AVD Manager) on Windows 10.

Installed Android 4.4 (KitKat) -> Google APIs (x86 System Image) (API Level: 19, Revision:18) image description

Download and install App Updater and Engine from sandbox.dev.clover image description

Run targetnewenvironment to select the Sandbox environment: image description

Go to “Add an account” & Select Clover image description

Account creates successfully and 2 Clover Account profiles show up (Clover & Clover App Updater) in the settings menu. However, nothing more happens for several minutes. image description

At that point, I captured the following "Clover" filtered logcat (here) and rebooted the emulator.

After boot, the emulator settles out and never makes any noticeable updates, App or UI changes.

At that point, I captured the following "Clover" filtered logcat (here)

Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong? I see no significant user facing failures or notifications. If there is any additional information that might be helpful, please let me know. I'll be happy to collect more information to get to the bottom of my problems ... To that end, I've removed all filtering and captured another logcat on emulator boot-up in-case the more detailed log can explain things better (here).

SandboxEmulator
4 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Mike M avatar image Mike M commented ·

First off, I'd like to thank you for the fantastic QA-style writeup. Unfortunately, I am having an absurdly difficult time reproducing your issue. I also have Android Studio 2.1, created a new emulator, downloaded+installed the dev-apks directly via the emulator, retargeted, and then added my account.

I tested 2 emulators. The first I allowed to begin the update process and completely install. The second I quickly closed the emulator and forced it to boot up again without any of the extra Clover apps installed. In the latter case, the apps downloaded after a few minutes.

0 Likes 0 ·
Mike M avatar image Mike M commented ·

Can you please try using a KitKat 4.4 image that does not have the Google APIs built with it? Clover devices do not support Google Play Services anyways so it shouldn't won't adversely affect your development.

0 Likes 0 ·
chris-mick avatar image chris-mick commented ·

That's a good idea. I may try that in the near future. At this time, I've moved to another project. Please feel free to resolve this issue and not commit any more time to it at the moment. I'll let you know if I'm still having more trouble whenever I return to the subject. However, that may be some time, so I don't need effort spent on the subject in my absence. Thanks!!

0 Likes 0 ·
hostbuddy avatar image hostbuddy commented ·

Hi Clover, I have similar issue, except I am using dev-apks. Any comments ?

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community