question

brokenoval avatar image
brokenoval asked David Marginian Deactivated edited

Is it possible to remotely re-install our applications for a Merchant?

As a very broad question, is it possible for us to trigger a re-install (on uninstall/ install) to a merchant device remotely? It is a common bug fixing technique which would be useful in a few scenarios.

More specifically however we have a number of merchants in Canada who are using our app. Clover billing has just been enabled in Canada and we would like to enable billing for these merchants who had previously installed a "Free" version of the app. Is it possible to remotely re-intall for them to change their payment plan?

Thanks!

App Market
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered brokenoval commented

Are you asking if you can change an app on a free subscription to a paid one automatically? No that's not possible. If you want to essentially sunset your free subscription completely, I think you'll need to create a new app. Of course that won't uninstall the app from existing merchants.

Merchants can change their subscription though from their merchant dashboard. You could just message them and ask them to change...

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brokenoval avatar image brokenoval commented ·

Thanks Jeff - I thought that'd probably be the answer

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated edited

I am not 100% sure on this but I don't think this is currently possible. The merchant agreed to the terms of your app at the time it was installed.

10 |2000

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community