question

greg avatar image
greg asked David Marginian Deactivated edited

App Type "Station Pro" in app settings

In the developer dashboard one can specify for which Clover devices an app has been made. There is also the option "Station Pro" which seems to be a Station connected with a Mini. I assume the Mini is client facing in this option. If a Clover Android app is used only by merchant's staff and not by clients, I can still tick this option, right?

Clover MiniClover Station
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

greg avatar image greg commented ·

PS: This is also not explained here: https://docs.clover.com/clover-platform/docs/app-settings

PPS: It would be great to have an RSS feed for documentation, a lot is changing (good!) but you don't realize where.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated edited

Yes, the mini is client facing, and yes you can select that option. See Jeff's comment below, this set-up is a single device with two displays. I have pinged our docs folks about 1) Getting the page you linked to updated and 2) The idea of RSS feeds for the doc pages.

5 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David, thanks for the quick answer and keep up your good work in this forum!

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ greg commented ·

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Is the email associated with your Community account accurate? Our doc folks are going to shoot you an email with some information. I am told the work of updating the site is planned.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered greg commented
There is also the option "Station Pro" which seems to be a Station connected with a Mini

It looks like that but it is not. It's a single device with two displays.

If a Clover Android app is used only by merchant's staff and not by clients, I can still tick this option, right?

If your app is intended for use by merchants then it'll run on the larger merchant-facing display and you can pretend the smaller display doesn't exist. The larger display is the same size as Station 2018 for reference.

1 comment
10 |2000

If I understand you correctly, this is a device that's not shown here https://www.clover.com/shop/clover-station?pdpPref=with-printer-and-mini because the printer with display is also a separate device. So I assume that apps run as default on the merchant display, so I don't need to add any special code to take care of this.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community