question

jkuhn avatar image
jkuhn asked David Marginian Deactivated edited

Secondary Money Receiver

I am building an application which takes a convenience fee as part of the payment. For example, if the total order is $11.00.... $10.00 should go to the merchant selling the product (into their Clover account) and a $1.00 convenience fee should go into my developer Clover account. I know this is possible in Square as well as PayPal, and now I'm trying to integrate my application with Clover. However, if this is not possible, unfortunately I'm not going to be able to go forward with the Clover integration. So, the Primary Money Receiver gets the majority of the payment and I would get the convenience fee as the Secondary Money Receiver. This is called a variety of things based on the vendor (split payments, additional recipients, etc...). Any help is appreciated.

Payments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered

https://docs.clover.com/clover-platform/docs/monetizing-your-apps

The metered pricing strategy seems like it might fit what you are looking for.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

dave-1 avatar image
dave-1 answered David Marginian Deactivated edited

Is there a better answer to this? I have the same problem and am looking for a solution.

5 comments
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Metered pricing is the answer, do you have a more specific question about it? WIth this model you define the events and their cost and then you log those events (either as they occurr, or in bulk whenever you would like) and we pay you for them.

0 Likes 0 ·
dave-1 avatar image dave-1 David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·
I would like 1% of each transaction to go into my account from that specific merchant. Is this possible?
0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ dave-1 commented ·

Your app would log a metered event for each "transaction" it takes and then it would record those events (by calling our API). We would then pay you according to your logged events monthly. We do not immediately send 1% of the transaction to your account.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Hi dave-1, please do not cross-post. Thank you. No there is not a "better" answer to this, this is the answer. What is availabe is the developer billing mechanisms I have outlined.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community