question

pdgsolutions avatar image
pdgsolutions asked pdgsolutions commented

Where's the app secret?

Same as the title! Our app doesn't have secret, just ID! How can I get one?

Auth
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered

Login to your developer dashboard and select "App Settings". The "APP SECRET" is in the second column to the right of "APP ID".

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

pdgsolutions answered pdgsolutions commented

It is not!

3 comments
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

I just logged into your developer account and I see the APP SECRET. I also see the label in the screen shot you attached above. The field is masked, you have to hit the eye icon if you want to see it. If it isn't showing up I suggest trying a different browser.

0 Likes 0 ·

My understanding is that you do have access to the app secret from the tap4Good account. Is that correct or not? I can't help you if you don't answer my questions. If you do have access to the app secret from the tap4Good account what is the problem? I assume there is some type of permissions issue with the other account.

0 Likes 0 ·
pdgsolutions avatar image pdgsolutions David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
pdgsolutions answered pdgsolutions commented

I can see your comment in my email but I can't see it here, the UI in this forum is broken! I've attached a screenshot where you can clearly see that there's no button to discover the APP SECRET, it's not masked because it isn't in the HTML DOM either.
I have two dev account the tap4Good and AIB, the error is with the AIB only, I can see the APP SECRET in the tap4Good dev account.

6 comments
10 |2000

The forum's UI is not broken. To see nested comments you need to click the "Show" link at the bottom of the post.

It seems your problem is largely resolved as you are able to see the APP_SECRET when logged into your tap4Good account. If you want to send me the developer id for the AIB account I can take a look.

0 Likes 0 ·
pdgsolutions avatar image pdgsolutions David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

The APP ID I can't see the APP SECRET is `TA929V7TV39N4`.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ pdgsolutions commented ·

Yes I understand that. I told you that I logged in as the developer for that app and I can see the app secret. You said you can as well and that you only don't see the secret when you are logged into your "AIB" dev account. I need the developer id for your "AIB" account, so I can see what you are seeing when you log into that account.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community