question

berkleyit avatar image
berkleyit asked Jeffrey Blattman answered

Customer Receipt from Capital One - How does the merchant address/phone # get populated on the customers receipt?

Hi,

I tried asking this question @ semi-integrations@clover.com, but I haven't received a response after 3 emails and 27 days later.

We have a few reports of customer’s calling the phone number listed on their Capital One credit card statement.

But we don’t have that particular address or phone number configured anywhere in our clover merchant setup, and that is not the number we would like them to be calling.

I am wondering how Capital One is populating this information?

Does the merchant address/phone number get transmitted from Clover to them or does Capital One just "look it up" somehow?

Thanks,

Justin

Merchant
4 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

Please send a screen capture of photo of where the number appears.

0 Likes 0 ·
berkleyit avatar image berkleyit Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

It's on the customers Capital One bank account statement.

I attached an example receipt in my previous response.

The highlighted red rectangle is where the address/phone number appears. Sorry I blocked it out. The phone number starts with (610).

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ berkleyit commented ·

See @Jeffrey Blattman's answer.

0 Likes 0 ·
berkleyit avatar image berkleyit commented ·

Attached is an example of a customer receipt via their Capital One account @ http://myaccounts.capitalone.com). I pixelated a few things...

I guess the question is how is Capital One getting our merchant address/phone number and displaying it to the customer on their website? The address listed is not correct, and that is not the phone number we want them to be calling if they have questions regarding their payment.

We do not have that address or phone number configured anywhere in our clover merchant setup.

I hope that is a little clearer. Thank you for responding.

0 Likes 0 ·
receipt.jpg (256.7 KiB)
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered

Clover doesn't have any hand in generating that. You'll need to speak w/ someone from capitalone (?) I guess.

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

berkleyit avatar image berkleyit commented ·

Ok. Thank you. That's what I wanted to know.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered

Can you clarify your question? Are you saying that the Capital One phone number is showing up on the Clover Receipt? Customer's are calling Capital One to inquire about what exactly? Are they disputing a charge?

10 |2000

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community