question

chaunghian avatar image
chaunghian asked chaunghian commented

Best way to set up Combo Item Menu?

Hi All,

I am in a process of setting up menu.

My question is what the best way to set up a Combo Item so it's easiest for server to take order

For example I have:

Chicken Burger (burger only)

Chicken Burger + Fries + Drink (Combo $ price is cheaper than purchasing individual item)

Chicken Burger + Tater Tots + Drink (Combo $ price is cheaper than purchasing individual item, but higher than Fries combo)

Do I use modifier or variant for this menu level?

TIA for all the helps.

Modifiers
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Jacob Abrams avatar image
Jacob Abrams answered chaunghian commented

I wouldn't use variants since that is typically for items that are all pretty much the same, for example t-shirts that come in different sizes and colors.

Modifiers might be your best bet. You can have the chicken burger be the item and then add-ons like fries + drink be a modifier and tater tots + drink be another modifier within a modifier group that is associated with chicken burger and possibly other sandwiches.

Another choice is to make each complete combo into an item and then put them into categories if there are very many of them. So you could have chicken burger category and beef burger category for example, then inside you can have all the combos as individual items.

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

chaunghian avatar image chaunghian commented ·

Thanks Jacob.

I tried variant option and all it did was create multiple items on the main menu. Instead of one main item (click on it) then it display variant options in there.

Your 2nd suggestion is great. Will try that.

Thank You,

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community