question

jessica-1 avatar image
jessica-1 asked David Marginian Deactivated commented

Add/Edit Metered Events after App has been approved

Hello,

I know this question has been asked before but all answers appear to be 3+ years old.

I am essentially asking the same question as https://community.clover.com/questions/1476/metered-billing-editing-not-allowed-understood-wha.html

That post says that an internal task has been created to allow metered billing to be changed. Is that available now?

Is there any way that we can add/edit metered events after our app has been approved? Or if we upload a new version of the app? Thank you!

Merchant
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated edited

Correction:

Unfortunately, changing metered tiers after your app is approved is not currently supported, and we’re aware that its an issue and are working to improve pricing settings for developers. I am still waiting for word from the billing team in regards to potential work-arounds for you and I will update this post if I hear anything.

Original:

It looks like this is possible. From the developer dashboard select your app and then in the left nav select "Pricing & Distribution". Under "Metered Pricing" you can add a tier or edit existing tiers by selecting the pencil icon. Is this not what you are looking for or are you seeing something different than me? Perhaps this is a permissions issue with your login?

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jessica-1 avatar image
jessica-1 answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

@David Marginian thanks for your reply! When I log in and look at my app, and try to click "Add Tier" there is a tooltip that says it's not allowed.

5 comments
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Ok, I figured. Let me ping the developer platform team and see if I can get some more information for you.

0 Likes 0 ·
jessica-1 avatar image jessica-1 David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks for checking with the development team. Have you heard back from them re: any potential workarounds? Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ jessica-1 commented ·

Unfortunately, no. The only way to get around it is to un-publish/re-publish the app.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
patriciasperry avatar image
patriciasperry answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

There should be an option for adding or removing the events. After the approval we are not ale to do this !

1 comment
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

I am still looking into this. I think there are some complexities here, mainly that once a merchant has installed your app and agreed to the pricing model, changing that is problematic since what the merchant agreed to is changed behind the scenes. I will report back with what I find.

1 Like 1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community