question

Carl avatar image
Carl asked Jeffrey Blattman answered

Clover App Updates

I noticed that our latest App Update was approved over the weekend. Thanks for the quick approval Clover!

After setting the App to "Published" I went to one of our dev Clover unit's App Market and noticed that our App's Latest Version was still the older version. I clicked the Sync icon and after a few seconds the version updated and I was prompted to download the update.

Is there a way to automate the update process? Or will we have to contact each Merchant and advise them to update each time?

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered

Sync happens on a long cycle to avoid having all devices pound the server checking and downloading updates at once. If left alone the device will check every 6-10 hours for app updates. If the screen is off it will apply them when they are downloaded. If the screen is on, the user has to accept the updates and can delay them being installed. This is by design so we don't interrupt their business. As you noticed, if the merchant refreshes, it forces a check for updates.

My advice is to just let the updates happen naturally. If you have critical bugs however, it does make sense to communicate to affected merchants to have them force a check.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community