question

Carl avatar image
Carl asked jollyraiyani commented

Changing the Tender Name does not work (Android)

We programmatically set our (Custom) Tender Name with the api call checkAndCreateTender. Now we need to change that Tender Name but can't.

I read through the posts and "delete" is not an option so I tried to disable our current Tender (via the web) and create a new one programmatically and that did nothing.

We need to change the Tender Name because that is name of the Line Item on the Receipt.

Any ideas?

9 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

I believe the problem is that once it's registered under your package name you can't change that. If you want to create a new tender you'll need to use a different app package name.

0 Likes 0 ·
Carl avatar image Carl commented ·

Thanks Jeff.

We changed the package name, now the TenderConnector.checkAndCreateTender call errors with "Package Name Not Found". Does this mean we have to publish the app before we can test it?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

Yes, your app needs to be deployed to the app store and installed to your merchant. Yes I know it's a PITA.

0 Likes 0 ·

Looks like we can't change it then. Losing all the customer history and starting over is a deal breaker. Maybe I can find a way to change the Line Item text.

0 Likes 0 ·

After discussing this issue with our company leaders I am told that we do need to change the Tender Name (button and line item text).

Here are our two main concerns:

1. If we change the Package Name to enable a new Tender Name will we be able to update our current Application to the new Package Name?

2. If we can not update our current Application to the new Package Name, what will it take to move our customer-base and history to the new Application?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

1 Answer

leonid avatar image
leonid answered jollyraiyani commented

there is a method setLable() in TenderConnector, have you tried that? I believe it should do exactly what you need

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Yes I tried that. Modification do nothing (setLabel, setEnabled, etc).

0 Likes 0 ·
jollyraiyani avatar image jollyraiyani commented ·

Hello , I m also want to change tender name but no luck and I can't change package name because app already publish any other solution available ?

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community