question

Carl avatar image
Carl asked Carl commented

Gift Card Partial Payment (Custom Tender)

We are trying to apply our Gift Card payments as a Custom Tender. This method seems to only support Full Payments.

Is there a way to use our Gift Card system with Clover with partial payments? Customers don't always want to use their Gift Card amount to pay the whole bill.

8 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

If you return an amount that is less than the requested amount, does that not work?

0 Likes 0 ·
Carl avatar image Carl commented ·

I will try that. The developer docs stated that Custom Tender only supports full payments.

0 Likes 0 ·

Yes interesting. The javadocs do state you can return an amount. Let me know if it works for you.

0 Likes 0 ·
Carl avatar image Carl commented ·

Ok the Custom Tender does work for partial Gift Card Payment (kinda). It cashes out just fine but doesn't display the Custom Tender (Gift Card Payment), This might be my fault, I'm not sure that I have assigned all of the properties. Here's a link to the receipt (Gift Card is missing but totals are right): https://www.clover.com/p/7DGEP67WH0N5W

0 Likes 0 ·

The tender type of that payment is cash. Are you sure that was paid for with your customer tender? Where / how are you choosing to pay with the gift card?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

0 Answers

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community