question

Carl avatar image
Carl asked Carl commented

VersionCode mismatch?

When I tried to update our APK, I got this error:

You must increment your APK's versionCode every time you upload. If you are testing and want to get around this, please side-load your app.

The previous App had a VersionCode of "191", So I set the updated VersionCode to "192" in the Manifest, generated a Signed APK, and tried to upload the APK.

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Mike M avatar image Mike M commented ·

Can you please verify that the 192 modification was saved to manifest file and try re-generating a signed APK? I've ran into that in the past and discovered that I had just been clicking too fast

0 Likes 0 ·
Carl avatar image Carl commented ·

Yes, 192 is set for VersionCode in the Manifest.We have tried several different VersionCodes and we still get the error.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Carl avatar image
Carl answered

I found the problem:

If using Android Studio and the build.gradle file contains a reference to versionCode, the value must be updated in the build.gradle file as Android Studio will compile the versionCode value that is in the build.gradle file rather than the versionCode value that is in the Manifest.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community