question

kirank avatar image
kirank asked David Marginian Deactivated commented

PaymentConnector TIP mode isn't honored on Clover Station but works on Flex

We are working on sandbox account on Clover Flex & Clover Station 2018 on US region,

The code we have is:
SaleRequest saleRequest =  new SaleRequest();

saleRequest.setAmount(2500);
saleRequest.setExternalId("MYID");
saleRequest.setTipMode(TipMode.ON_SCREEN_BEFORE_PAYMENT);
saleRequest.setCardEntryMethods(36623);
paymentConnector.sale(saleRequest);

This works -- Tip collection screen shows -- on Flex. But on Station, it does not show this Tip capture screen. How can we make it work on Station as well? Station does not have a Mini attached.
PaymentConnector
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated commented

I am sorry Kirank, I mislead you a bit. This is a confusing topic. The Station can only take the tip AFTER the payment. And because a Sale is a final non-adjustable transaction tipping does not apply to a SaleRequest on a Station which is why you are not seeing the tip screen. If you want to see the tip screen on a Station you need to do an auth not a sale. The reason this works on the Flex is because the tip screen is displayed before the payment is taken and we can adjust the final amount before payment. Some documentation on this can be found on our site - https://docs.clover.com/clover-platform/docs/transaction-types.

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kirank avatar image kirank commented ·

Thanks @David Marginian. This explains the reason why Station does not honor the flag.

So to confirm - for station, we just need to do an Auth txn + TIP after flag? This auth will be automatically captured at closeout?

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ kirank commented ·

That is correct, it doesn't matter what tip mode you use (after or before) they will both work but the tip will always be after on the Station regardless of which one you use. Yes, the auth will be captured at closeout.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered kirank edited
6 comments
10 |2000

I was hoping the PaymentConnector hid this from app. We were hoping to use SDKs. If we need to go intents for some cases, then it kind of adds to the complexity.

0 Likes 0 ·

@David Marginian - We started to use PaymentConnector on recommendation that its the better way to go to avoid using Device related Intents. This seems something that can be added to PaymentConnector right? Given code freeze coming soon. Can this request make it there?

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ kirank commented ·

The tip will never be before the payment on a station 2018, I'd have to see what happens when you set this. I'll look into it next weel.

0 Likes 0 ·
kirank avatar image kirank David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

So setting it After Payment should work on both devices?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community