question

fullint avatar image
fullint asked David Marginian Deactivated edited

Signature verification

Is this any way to simulate a signature payment on a developer device? Using cloudpay app?
Payments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered
The threshold has to do with whether or not the signature screen appears not whether or not you receive a challenge. Please see my previous comment:

you need to set the autoAcceptSignature flag to false on your SaleRequest. Then to verify you got the challenge you need to add an onVerifySignatureRequest handler to your ICloverConnectorListener, in that handler you can call ICloverConnector.rejectSignature(verifySignatureRequest) to reject the payment.
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

fullint avatar image
fullint answered
Hi David,

Setting threshold to 0 and autoacceptsignature to false still does not work, I do not get the signature screen
10 |2000

There seems to be some incorrect behavior on sandbox related to the signature screen and sales. However, I did verify that it works with an auth. So, I would recommend testing your logic with an auth for now. It looks like there is a reported bug on this but I don't see any progress.
10 |2000

fullint avatar image
fullint answered
Thanks, when you say works with an auth, can you please clarify what you mean exaclty and what settings/parameters I should use to replicate?
10 |2000

Look at the CloverConnector API, you will call auth instead of sale.
10 |2000

fullint avatar image
fullint answered
Using the following:

var saleRequest = new sdk.remotepay.AuthRequest(); saleRequest.setExternalId(clover.CloverID.getNewId());
saleRequest.setAmount(5);
saleRequest.SignatureThreshold=1;
saleRequest.autoAcceptSignature=false;

I then insert the card the wrong way twice, and the Flex then instructs me to swipe, but this still auto accepts the signature.

10 |2000

fullint avatar image
fullint answered David Marginian Deactivated commented
Hi David, have tried another card and was able to get to the signature screen, is there any response that is sent to the clover when the signature entry screen is called? I can't see any event that would apply. I tried on auth response but that didn't work
5 comments
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

From my two previous comments:

Then to verify you got the challenge you need to add an onVerifySignatureRequest handler to your ICloverConnectorListener,in that handler you can call ICloverConnector.rejectSignature(verifySignatureRequest) to reject the payment.

This all comes after you sign obviously.

0 Likes 0 ·
fullint avatar image fullint David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

Hi david, this only comes back when the signature is submitted.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ fullint commented ·

Yes, what do you expect? You can't confirm or reject a signature before you enter a signature. When it comes back you have the option of calling rejectSignature which will cancel the payment or acceptSignature which will complete the payment.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community