question

pixelfreak avatar image
pixelfreak asked David Marginian Deactivated answered

A product website that pulls inventory from Clover

Hi there, sorry if this question is very basic, it's my first exposure to Clover.

We have a store that uses Clover as the POS. We want to create a website for this store that utilizes the inventory data we have in Clover. Could someone point me to the right direction? I have taken a glance at the documentation and a little confused on whether this would be a web app or a semi-integration.

Thank you
InventoryClover Station
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered
Do you want to drive a Clover device? Semi integrations are for when your application needs to communicate with a Clover device to take payment etc. If all you want to do is hit the Clover REST API and obtain data then you just need a web application.
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

pixelfreak avatar image
pixelfreak answered
This website will not drive a Clover device. I just need to hit the API, get inventory. In the future, probably turn it into an e-commerce website. So is this a web application?
10 |2000

pixelfreak avatar image
pixelfreak answered
A follow-up question, I see that oAuth is needed to access the API. This is a product website that pulls the inventory data for display. What is the best practice here that doesn't require us to re-auth when the access token expires? Or if we need to re-auth, we do so automatically without user interaction?
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered
The tokens expire in one year, you will have to re-auth, there is currently no mechanism to re-auth without user interaction (you will need to direct the merchant to login).
10 |2000

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community