question

scott74 avatar image
scott74 asked David Marginian Deactivated edited

Using an application just for clients and not public?

I have a sandbox and Dev account.
We are just looking to create a simple application using Integromat to connect to the API for clients using Clover

Do I still need to submit the application if we are only using it as a means for our clients to make it work or does this have to be submitted and shown to all merchants?

I can only get the sandbox account working and not the dev/production account with the API
OAuth
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered jdeveloper831 commented
The feature is being worked on. I however can't provide an ETA.
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jdeveloper831 avatar image jdeveloper831 commented ·

Hello @Jeffrey Blattman, I wanted to see if any updates on the integration/application into Integromat has been taken into more consideration.

0 Likes 0 ·
Bryanne Vega avatar image
Bryanne Vega answered scott74 commented
You would violate the terms of use and risk your app being taken down if when posted it isn't available publicly.

3 comments
10 |2000

scott74 avatar image scott74 commented ·

hmmm... There has to be a way to connect just to clients accounts ?
Its just an https request through Integromat

So you're saying if you have clients who use clover and you want to connect to their Clover POS, you have to create and app and make it publicly available to all merchants who use Clover? That doesn't sound right. Just making sure we're on the same page.

0 Likes 0 ·
Bryanne Vega avatar image Bryanne Vega scott74 commented ·

Yep, sounds exactly like I'm mentioning it. I don't work at Clover and almost every single Clover developer started out attempting to do a private app.

0 Likes 0 ·
scott74 avatar image scott74 Bryanne Vega commented ·

That's really bizarre lol..
What's the workaround? And is there anyway to get directly in touch with Clover?

0 Likes 0 ·
scott74 avatar image
scott74 answered
Please add me to your list to be notified of any beta releases.. Thank you.
10 |2000

Warwick Price avatar image
Warwick Price answered David Marginian Deactivated edited

So the official answer from over a year ago, seemed to be "we're working on it".... do we have any other updates to this?

My wife and I run a retail store and use clover. I'm also a developer and want to be able to talk directly to the production data for my own account, I have a POC working in Sandbox.... but don't need to make this app available to everyone as it's very specific to my needs. I had a similar requirement for our Shopify store.... and boom... I create an application, download my private token, and now I can have my backend code retrieve all the information I could want from Shopify.

We really need this added.

Many thanks!

1 comment
10 |2000

David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

If you are a Clover merchant and you just want access to your own data, you don't need an app, you can just use a merchant token. This assumes you just need to use the API and don't need webhooks.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community