question

scott74 avatar image
scott74 asked scott74 commented

Pull Customer Data From Order ID?

I am using the test environment to place an order with sandbox here
https://docs.clover.com/clover-platform/reference#createorder-1

When I place the order receive the order ID from the webhook then look up that order by ID it only returns the order info of price, title, employee etc... with no customer data that is tied to the order.

I tried appending the customer ID to the order and also manually filled in the fields.

We are looking to gather the customer name, email and phone each time an order is made so we can send it into a reputation/feedback follow up application.

Please advise how to get the customer data that is tied to an order. Thanks, Scott

Here is a screen shot of the order info I am receiving..

OAuth
order-info.png (258.3 KiB)
nocustomerdata.png (154.2 KiB)
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered scott74 commented
Try expanding customers.
https://docs.clover.com/clover-platform/reference#getorder-1

See the "expand" query param.
3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

scott74 avatar image scott74 commented ·

Hmmm.... I added customer in the testing there but did not return anything. Also when I created the order and append it to a customer ID i don't see any orders in the sandbox account when drilling down into that customer. Not sure... Let me know if you can think of anything else. Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
customer.png (152.1 KiB)
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

Does your app have customers read permission?

0 Likes 0 ·
scott74 avatar image scott74 Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

Yes has everything checked.... I can pull customers by all and single.... Just not appending them in sales/orders....

I sent a couple dummy orders through api and appended the customer ID to the sale.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community