question

Rohit Bhardwaj avatar image
Rohit Bhardwaj asked Rohit Bhardwaj commented

Trust anchor for certification path not found

Hi,

I'm trying to change clover's account in clover station 2018 but I'm getting a SSL Handshake error. I tried creating another emulator and installed new clover app engine and app updater but the result is the same. I had another emulator which had a previous account in it. When I tried to fetch the merchant's account details it gave me this error "Trust anchor for certification path not found". This is the first time I have faced these two issues.

Please advice.
Merchant
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

michaelbruno avatar image
michaelbruno answered
Hello, I had everything running smoothly on the Station2018 emulator until I did a wipe data. Now it is giving me this same error and the launcher keeps stopping. Please advise @Chanel or @Jeffrey Blattman

Thanks in advance!
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Bryanne Vega avatar image
Bryanne Vega answered Rohit Bhardwaj commented
I found this error ocurred while attempting to setup an emulator on a production enviroment. Download the Sandbox APKs in order to mitigate the downtime in development while we get a solution.
1 comment
10 |2000

Rohit Bhardwaj avatar image Rohit Bhardwaj commented ·

Thanks @Bryanne Vega, Please let us know when the issue is solved.

0 Likes 0 ·
michaelbruno avatar image
michaelbruno answered
Hello. I was using the latest apks/engine/launcher etc from the sandbox and using a devkit device when this error occurred. I finally got around the issue, but I uninstalled all apks and then found a link with a work around (older engine apk and launcher) I had come across in the past. Now I face some other issues. I had my sandbox apks (my apps) showing up in the devices under More Tools>Installed Apps. However, now that I uninstalled them I can no longer see them in the device in order to re-install. Has this every happened to you before? If so, what do we have to do in order to get them to reappear in the devkit devices as installable?
10 |2000

ycb avatar image
ycb answered
same issue with flex emulator on production environment US
10 |2000

Bryanne Vega avatar image
Bryanne Vega answered Rohit Bhardwaj commented
Please uninstall both App Updater & Clover Engine, then:

Don't forget to target production environment too. Remember these APKs are to target EN_US production environment. See the link above for EU/Sandbox.
9 comments
10 |2000

michaelbruno avatar image michaelbruno commented ·

Thank you Bryanne. Will this allow the sandbox apps to show as installable in More Tools>Installed Apps even if they show as Pending Approval? The second layer to the issue is that I had 2 apps in the sandbox that automatically pushed to the devkit as intended. Unfortunately, I had to delete them and create new entities on the sandbox. Since then, I am unable to get the apps to push from the sandbox to the devkit and they show as Pending Approval. What do you recommend to fix this? Or will they not push from sandbox to the devkit until they are marked as approved? Would it be easier if we exchange email addresses to discuss?

0 Likes 0 ·
Bryanne Vega avatar image Bryanne Vega michaelbruno commented ·

Bruno,

Your issue is completely different from the original topic, please start a new thread.

You do not push dev apks (clover) onto the dev kit devices.

In order to push your own apps on the dev kit, you create it on the dev dashboard with the package name and permissions set then push your APK through ADB.

0 Likes 0 ·
michaelbruno avatar image michaelbruno Bryanne Vega commented ·

Hi Bryanne,

Last week I created the entities in the sandbox and uploaded my apk files for 2 apps. They actually went from Pending Approval to Approved and pushed to my devkit devices just fine. Everything was working as intended. I had to uninstall the apps to test a couple things and once I did this, as expected, the apps disappeared from the devices. The issue was that they would not push from sandbox portal to the devkits again. I deleted the original entities and apk files from the sandbox portal and created new ones to push down to the devices again like I had the week before. They are in the sandbox dev dashboard and the permissions have been set. They now still show as Pending Approval and do not show any available versions to install on the devkit devices like before. I have pushed the apps to the devkit via ADB but I believe there is some permission issue now because everything was working as intended last week (same exact process as I did this week). I was curious if something changed or if you have ever seen this before.

0 Likes 0 ·
Rohit Bhardwaj avatar image Rohit Bhardwaj commented ·

Hey @Bryanne Vega, I installed the clover engine from the above link and the latest app updater from the clover production dev-apks. I was able to login successfully on the emulator but now I'm getting the same error "Trust anchor for certification path not found" when I try to POST any API or get data from Android SDK.

Also I'm targeting US production environment. Nothing seems to help me now.

0 Likes 0 ·
Bryanne Vega avatar image Bryanne Vega Rohit Bhardwaj commented ·

For me a clean installed worked. Check if that helps (yes, it is painful)

0 Likes 0 ·
Rohit Bhardwaj avatar image Rohit Bhardwaj Bryanne Vega commented ·

I created a new emulator and installed the apk which you told me to do. After installing all the apps it didn't work for me. I was getting the same error again. I even tried changing the account in another emulator with fresh install but the error is still there.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community