question

simon avatar image
simon asked simon answered

Connection problems between Windows and Clover Mini

We connect to the Clover Mini using the .NET SDK (4.0.2) and are having problems with the Clover not connecting in the mornings, or losing connection during the day.

To try and figure out whats happening we started to log all the calls from the clover and noticed that between 3am and 4am the clover send the ICloverConnectorListener.OnDeviceConnected repeatedly, sometimes upto 40+ times. On rare occasions we have also seen this happening during the day.

This is happening on both Windows 7 & 10

Is there a reason for this and could this be causing our connection issues? If so how do we stop it?

Clover Minisemi-integrations
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

hergy80 avatar image
hergy80 answered
The clover will disconnect each night for updates I've found. Which I think defaults to about that time you said it happens. I can't remember if it can be changed or not. Ours periodically disconnects as well, without any reason that we can find and there is no log files accessible to developers. I've also found that having the computers reboot periodically (every few days or nightly when closed) lessens the number of disconnects apart from when the clover updates.
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

simon avatar image
simon answered
Thanks for the answer, once I knew what to look for I was able to find the following Clover artical that mentions this.

https://www.clover.com/us/en/help/reboot-your-clover-device/#change-the-automatic-reboot-time-for-your-device

10 |2000

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community