question

robsmitha avatar image
robsmitha asked brokenoval commented

Is it possible to get an OrderID by LineItemID using the REST API

I have the LineItemID saved in my database, and I want to get the OrderID that is associated to that line item. Is it possible to load the line item without having both the line item id and the order id?

I'm aware of this endpoint, but want to avoid saving the OrderID in my database if at all possible.
https://apisandbox.dev.clover.com/v3/merchants/mId...

Thanks.
REST APILineItems
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Lauren Worthington avatar image
Lauren Worthington answered brokenoval commented
Hi Rob,

I believe the only way this would be possible would be to call the get orders endpoint, expand the line items, and then find the order by filtering through the data.
3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

robsmitha avatar image robsmitha commented ·

That's thinking outside the box, thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
nextseat avatar image nextseat commented ·

Hi Lauren, related question, can merchant print the order from Clover Orders app, we don't have Clover device. Restaurant owner is asking us this question. I thought this possible, since order is already on the system.

0 Likes 0 ·
brokenoval avatar image brokenoval nextseat commented ·

From the Orders app you can click into an order, then you can hit the "Reissue Receipt" button.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community