question

spsolutions avatar image
spsolutions asked Jeffrey Blattman edited

Error installing app on clover mini

Hello i have 1 merchant who is not able to install our app on clover minis, he sais he tried at least 2 of them, i have had no other issue wit any other merchant, could it be his account is compromised? Or both devices are compromised, please help dont want to lose a potential customer, thanknyou @richell. Ps download-20190910-132638.jpgOur app is cloopcard
App MarketEmulator
10 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

That looks like a Mini 2. Have you enabled (and tested) your app for that device type?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

Correction: it might actually be a later design of a Mini 1. Get the device serial from the merchant.

0 Likes 0 ·
spsolutions avatar image spsolutions commented ·
It is enablebled and tested for all devices asked for the serial number waithingbon the replay
0 Likes 0 ·
Merchant confirmed its a clover mini 2nd generation
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Merchant is not able to unistall the app anymore, it was uninstalling yesterday, had him send you the logs afther faild attempt to uninstall, i advised him to try to uninstall from web dashboard and install again innorder to send you more logs, do you need the merchant name to retrive the logs?
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Hello Jeffreybi guess the merchant got tired and moved on to another app, is there anyway you could test it for me on an actual clover mini second gen? Just so ibknow that this wont happen again and dont waste anybodys time, than you
0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

1 Answer

·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered Jeffrey Blattman edited
Okay we have a little more information. First, I believe the app was actually installed even though it reported as failed. Can you have the merchant test some functionality of your app?

The root cause is that your app targets SDK 27. That turns off compatibility layers in Android, specifically, preventing the ACTION_APP_INSTALL_DONE intent from reaching your AppInstalationService. That makes our updater report it as an error... but again, I think the app is actually installed okay. Of course if there was something in AppInstalationService that didn't execute and prevents your app from working that'd be a problem.

A workaround is to target 25 or lower.

You should never set the target SDK higher than something on which you've tested. If you set the target SDK to a number, it means you've tested your app on the SDK level and everything is working okay.

We'd of course like you to be able to target 26+, but a solution to that is going to be a bit farther out, so I'd advise you to consider the workaround.
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community