question

Raymond avatar image
Raymond asked Jeffrey Blattman answered

Is Clover working on other Kitchen Printer options besides Star SP700? Specifically using a Thermal Printer

I have merchants who transitioned to a Clover Station., majority of the merchants used a terminal printer for firing their kitchen orders. Their only complaint is having to use a Star SP700 kitchen printer instead of being able to use a thermal kitchen printer. Are there any requests or future plans about other printer options that can be used that use thermal paper?

Any Developers working on creating an app allowing the use of thermal printers to send orders to kitchen?
PrintClover Station
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Raymond avatar image Raymond commented ·

Is the following statement true regarding the Star TSP143III LAN thermal printer as kitchen printer?

Hi Raymond,I had some merchants tell me this printer works with their Clover Station. It is uses same size paper as the Clover POS. It's also thermal. I can’t guarantee that it will work, but Amazon has a 30 day return policy. I recommend you try it. Let me know if it works.

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Micronics-TSP143IIILAN-Ethernet-Auto-cutter/dp/B01HRJRXZQ/ref=sr_1_3?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIoeaBnc3H5AIViMVkCh3L7QRKEAAYASAAEgKut_D_BwE&hvadid=178393010761&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9032530&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t1&hvqmt=b&hvrand=12399310116905128720&hvtargid=kwd-70578416552&hydadcr=17894_9863062&keywords=star+tsp100+printer+ethernet&qid=1568164887&s=gateway&sr=8-3

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered
The comment about the TSP100 is correct. It's not technically supported but it should work.

You'll need to get someone on the horn from developer relations to talk about future product directions. I'm just an engineer here I don't think anyone would appreciate me taking guesses about that.

We don't really know what developers are working on. You can check the app market to see what's there. I can tell you anything done by a third party isn't going to integrate into the existing print hooks in Clover apps and the SDK.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community