question

tamara avatar image
tamara asked Jeffrey Blattman commented

Are there any compatible wireless barcode scanners?

We need to scan in inventory at the dockz
barcode scanner
2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

tamara avatar image tamara commented ·

For clover mini.

0 Likes 0 ·
stephen0611 avatar image stephen0611 tamara commented ·

were you ever able to find a working wireless barcode scanner?

0 Likes 0 ·
Lee Tickett avatar image
Lee Tickett answered
You should find compatibility quite good, most barcode scanners simply emulate a keyboard / HID. I would recommend purchasing the cheapest you can find and give it a go.
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered Jeffrey Blattman commented
This page:
https://www.clover.com/us/en/help/set-up-a-barcode-scanner/

Lists supported barcode scanners for each Clover device (I think it's the same for all devices). I am not aware of any of them being wireless, but take a look.

Contrary to the post above, there's a difference between supported and unsupported scanners that is more than some check box on a page somewhere. Supported scanners are -not- treated like HID devices and plug into Clover's barcode scanner SDK. Apps that are coded to the barcode scanner SDK will not work with an HID scanner and vice versa. If you are writing your own app you can of course choose whatever works for you.

I'd suggest you get in touch with your business rep and request support for your scanner of interest.
2 comments
10 |2000

stephen0611 avatar image stephen0611 commented ·

I was able to connect a Motorola Li2208 scanner via bluetooth. The problem I am having is that when I am in the register app and scan a barcode it just shows up in the search field and does not add it to the order. Any settings I can change to make this work?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ stephen0611 commented ·

That's not a supported scanners. Unsupported scanners may "work", but they are either going to act like an HID keyboard device, or have a proprietary (in this case bluetooth) API for interacting with them. Clover and other third-party develop apps that use Clover's barcode scanner SDK won't receive scans from such scanners.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community