question

greg avatar image
greg asked greg commented

Login at oauth procedure not working properly

Since a few days, I noticed an uncommon behavior at my webapp. When I go to login on my page (I implemented the oauth procedure) I get the login window of Clover. After entering e-mail and password, I hit "login", but afterwards I am not logged in, but the login window only changes the word on the button to "Saved". If I hit "Saved" nothing happens, but if I refresh the page I can move on by selecting the merchant and afterwards everything is as usual. In the console of the browser I see a 401 error, following GET is unauthorized: https://sandbox.dev.clover.com/v3/accounts/current?expand=primaryDeveloper%2CprimaryEnterprise%2CprimaryMerchant%2CprimaryMerchant.properties%2CprimaryReseller&_=1525111026127 401 (Unauthorized) (I changed a bit the last number, as I don't know if/what it reveals about my account)

Is it a problem on Clover's side? I am not aware of having changed anything of my code that could have an influence on this.
OAuth
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

greg avatar image greg commented ·

Is anybody else experiencing this problem? This problem is more or less blocking my further web app development, so would be very thankful for any hints. Since it came out of nowhere I suspect something changed on Clover's side. It seems also the sandbox environment is gradually changed, at least I noticed subtle design changes.

0 Likes 0 ·
greg avatar image
greg answered greg commented
Over night - so without changing anything - the problem got worse. After choosing the merchant in the login procedure, I get an orange Error box and the Clover logo in gray symbolizes loading forever. I have attached the console output of Chrome, hopefully this helps to clarify what is going on here.

PS: I am using a sandbox account.

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I found out the problem has to do with my sandbox account, because another one works just fine. I will contact Clover directly on this.

0 Likes 0 ·
greg avatar image greg greg commented ·

As a note for others with the same problem: The situation has improved, so I can login with my account, however only in the way described in the initial post.

0 Likes 0 ·
Frank Faustino avatar image
Frank Faustino Deactivated answered greg commented
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. There was an issue with OAuth 6 days ago but it has since been resolved. Can you please provide (in a private comment) your app ID so that I can investigate further? It'll also be helpful if you can post a code snippet of how you're handling authentication on your web app.
1 comment
10 |2000

Hi, thanks for taking care of this issue. However, since Saturday the described strange login behavior has disappeared and everything seems back to normal - I did not change anything!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community