question

coder12 avatar image
coder12 asked Lee Tickett edited

Get Modifer Groups Associated to Specific Items

I am using the webapi and I basically need to get all the modifier groups related to an item so I can get the modifiers associated to that item. What would be the best way to do that. So far I believe I have to make an api call to fetch back all modifier groups, then filter that to only the modifier groups associated to the item and then do another api call to fetch back all modifiers associated to that modifier group. Is there a short, simpler or better way of doing this that I am missing?
OrdersREST APIAPI TokenModifiersCustom Modifiers
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Lee Tickett avatar image
Lee Tickett answered Lee Tickett edited
I presume you are currently using the expansions; expand=modifierGroups? Simply change this to expand=modifierGroups.modifiers and you should be good to go!
Here's an example; https://apisandbox.dev.clover.com/v3/merchants/1VGZPV6XWE13G/items?expand=modifierGroups.modifiers&filter=id=6ZN1V01M56RRE
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

coder12 avatar image
coder12 answered Lee Tickett commented
@Lee Tickett Thanks for the reply, is there a way to return all modifier groups related to and item only? Also the expand=modifierGroups.items did not work. Thanks!
1 comment
10 |2000

Lee Tickett avatar image Lee Tickett commented ·

Sorry, had a moment! It's expand=modifierGroups.modifiers... here is an example getting a single item and all of the modifiers; https://apisandbox.dev.clover.com/v3/merchants/1VGZPV6XWE13G/items?expand=modifierGroups.modifiers&filter=id=6ZN1V01M56RRE

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community