question

claper87 avatar image
claper87 asked Steve commented

Clover not asking for signature

About 3 weeks ago, Clover Mini using semi-integration with remote SDK has stop asking the merchant for signature. The clover device is configured "Always ask for signature" and Signature = "On tablet screen". Our integration is not using transaction threshold.

This is used to work fine: Asking the customer for their signature in every credit card transaction now is not working any longer.

Please advice
Clover Mini
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered David Marginian Deactivated commented
What environment is this happening in? What SDK are you using? What type of card are you using? Can you include the details on the request you are making?
8 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

claper87 avatar image claper87 commented ·

this is a semi integration. I'm using remote-pay-sdk 1.3 . This happens when I use the testing card on the sandbox environment. And it just happened on the production environment as well while processing a payment with an apple watch for an amount of 2 dollars.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ claper87 commented ·

Can you attach the request you are building (what you pass the sale/auth on the CloverConnector)?

0 Likes 0 ·
claper87 avatar image claper87 David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

here is the saleRequest:

{"amount":40000,"cardEntryMethods":36623,"externalId":"67SJVRW9ATBDY","type":"PAYMENT"}

and i have also tried:

{"signatureThreshold":0,"amount":40000,"externalId":"647BY9TV7FXGX","type":"PAYMENT","SignatureEntryLocation":"ON_SCREEN","AutoAcceptSignature":false}

Still, clover does not ask for signature. It process the transaction automatically

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
David Marginian avatar image
David Marginian Deactivated answered
Some weirdness related to signatures has been reported in the sandbox environment. An internal issue has been created and the issue is being investigated. I'll post back if I hear of any updates.
10 |2000

claper87 avatar image
claper87 answered Steve commented

@David Marginian

In case this help, here is the saleResponse i'm getting back:

{"success":true,"result":"SUCCESS","payment":{"id":"T9CPXAQVZPWDY","order":{"id":"6QSPBTDZSSP04"},"tender":{"id":"WVTPKFJR87FAC","editable":false,"labelKey":"com.clover.tender.debit_card","label":"Debit Card","opensCashDrawer":false,"enabled":true,"visible":false,"instructions":null},"amount":20000,"tipAmount":0,"taxAmount":0,"cashbackAmount":null,"cashTendered":null,"externalPaymentId":"YKQNV33VP9SJ9","employee":{"id":"DFLTEMPLOYEE"},"createdTime":1571933568187,"offline":false,"result":"SUCCESS","cardTransaction":{"cardType":"DISCOVER","entryType":"SWIPED","first6":"601136","last4":"6668","type":"AUTH","authCode":"110359","referenceId":"929700000363","transactionNo":"000153","state":"CLOSED","extra":{"cvmResult":"NO_CVM_REQUIRED","authorizingNetworkName":"PULSE"},"cardholderName":"DISCOVER TEST CARD","token":"7297162975886668","vaultedCard":{"first6":"601136","last4":"6668","cardholderName":"DISCOVER TEST CARD","expirationDate":"1218","token":"7297162975886668"}},"taxRates":[],"lineItemPayments":null,"transactionSettings":{"cardEntryMethods":34567,"disableCashBack":false,"cloverShouldHandleReceipts":true,"forcePinEntryOnSwipe":false,"disableRestartTransactionOnFailure":false,"allowOfflinePayment":false,"approveOfflinePaymentWithoutPrompt":false,"forceOfflinePayment":false,"signatureThreshold":0,"signatureEntryLocation":"ON_SCREEN","disableReceiptSelection":false,"disableDuplicateCheck":false,"autoAcceptPaymentConfirmations":false,"autoAcceptSignature":false},"externalReferenceId":null},"isSale":true,"isPreAuth":false,"isAuth":false}

Notice the highlighted attributes. I'm unsure why the response is coming back a "Debit Card", when in fact I'm selecting "Credit" and I'm testing with the provided test credit card that came with my developer kit.

1 comment
10 |2000

Steve avatar image Steve commented ·

I believe your response shows the reason for the signature not being requested... See : *"cvmResult":"NO_CVM_REQUIRED"*

Because the issuer is not needing a signature Clover isn't asking for one. (Despite the settings)

Trying a different test card may change the response from the gateway.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community