question

wsadiq avatar image
wsadiq asked Dan commented

Null pointer while getting item quantity

We have a native app on Clover. At one point in the app, we are trying to get quantity of line item and getting a null pointer exception.

List<LineItem> items = order.getLineItems();
for (LineItem item : items) {
     long qty = item.hasUnitQty() ? item.getUnitQty() : 1000;
}
In the above code, Order has been obtained using OrderConnector. The line that gets the item's quantity is generating a null pointer exception. Can anybody help explain what is wrong here?

Thanks in advance.
OrdersLineItems
2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

wsadiq avatar image wsadiq commented ·

I forgot to add, this is happening for only one of our merchants - not everybody. Furthermore, this started happening only about a week ago and our app has not been updated for over a month. So obviosuly this has something to do with the merchant's invenmtory but I cannot figure out what.

0 Likes 0 ·

Hello. Can anybody help? This has become an urgent issue so any help from Clover's app developer support team will be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Dan avatar image
Dan answered Dan commented
It looks like LineItem#isNotNullUnitQty() is what you want.

/** Checks whether the 'unitQty' field has been set, however the value could be null */
public boolean hasUnitQty() {
return genClient.cacheHasKey(CacheKey.unitQty);
}

/** Checks whether the 'unitQty' field is set and is not null */
public boolean isNotNullUnitQty() {
return genClient.cacheValueIsNotNull(CacheKey.unitQty);
}
2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ok. Thanks. Has anything changed. Our application has not been updated since February but some merchants just started getting this null pointer error in the last 2-3 weeks. SO I am a little puzzled as to what may have changed to suddenly cause this exception.

0 Likes 0 ·
Dan avatar image Dan ♦ wsadiq commented ·

No changes to the has/isNotNull behavior that I know of. I don't know if it started being explicitly set to null by a first or third party app. Given that it is only impacting one merchant, I'd guess that either a third party app, specific flow/item configuration etc why this is surfacing now.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community