question

shahzadsarwar avatar image
shahzadsarwar asked sesameseed-org commented

Accept bitcoin payment

I am thinking of adding clover to my store. I need to be able to accept BITCOIN through coinbase or bitbay.

If there an app for this or can I write such an app. I am programmer. Matter of fact I have my POS hacked to accept BITCOIN right now.

Thanks -Shahzad

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Brian Murray avatar image
Brian Murray Deactivated answered sesameseed-org commented

We do not permit virtual currency apps.

3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

mintee907 avatar image mintee907 commented ·
@Brian Murray Does anyone know if this is still Clover's policy on virtual currency?
0 Likes 0 ·
chanel avatar image chanel mintee907 commented ·

Yup, this is still Clover's policy.

0 Likes 0 ·
sesameseed-org avatar image sesameseed-org chanel commented ·

I have asked a related question about GiftCards being supported that would not exchange or sell virtual currency.

According to the clover policy:

"Your App may not facilitate or provide any financial or money services businesses, such as......including the creation or sale of a convertible virtual currency"

"Notwithstanding the foregoing, your App may facilitate or provide prepaid cards, payroll cards, mobile wallets and similar form factors, products or tender types."

this policy seems to make it clear that as long as the exchange of USD or other currencies isn't taking place on clover you would be able to use Virtual currency as a stand alone transaction.

i.e. could a company sell "hamburger bucks" where 1 hamburger buck was equal to 1 dollar in store as long as the gift card was not purchased through a Clover POS? I dont see this violating the policy.

It would seem to me this is an example of a virtual currency that is not convirtible and wihin policy.

0 Likes 0 ·
shahzadsarwar avatar image
shahzadsarwar answered Jacob Abrams commented

Hi, from your answer I understand that virtual currency apps are not permitted. Can you please tell me if I can install an app that I write just for my one clover mini. Not through the clover app marketplace.

Thanks

1 comment
10 |2000

Jacob Abrams avatar image Jacob Abrams ♦♦ commented ·

For security reasons production Clover devices do not allow non-Clover app market app installations.

0 Likes 0 ·
swak avatar image
swak answered
I see that the answer has been confirmed that Crypto-currencies are not accepted by Clover yet. Will this be something that is not re-evaluated in the future? Is it against policy to use any API relating to virtual currnciees?
10 |2000

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community