question

c716524 avatar image
c716524 asked c716524 commented

Use a devkit for another developer

A friend of mine also develops for Clover, but has not all of the devkits. I would like to test an app for him on Clover Mini NextGen, so he invited me as a member within his sandbox account. As a result his sandbox account and associated apps appear in my dashboard. When I go to the app, I click on "Preview on App Market" to install his app, but I get a blank screen (besides navigation elements) instead of the usual app information with the button "connect".

I also tried to associate my devkit within the friend's sandbox account, but then I get a 403 forbidden error. Probably a security measure by Clover to avoid selling devkits to other - for Clover unknown - companies?

However what is the use of the member invite feature, if I cannot test on my device? Or do I miss something?

DevKit
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

c716524 avatar image c716524 commented ·

PS: I saw this thread https://community.clover.com/questions/15061/sharing-clover-apps-in-sandbox.html but although I have "admin" role, it does not work

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

zgreathouse avatar image
zgreathouse Deactivated answered c716524 commented
In Sandbox, a developer account's Test Merchant only has access to APKs which were uploaded on that developer account.

For "developer B" to get access to "developer A's" apps, "developer A" needs to make "developer B" a member of "developer A's" developer account.

In order for "developer B" to have access to "developer A's" test merchant, "developer A's" test Merchant must make "developer B" an employee (all that is required here is for the new employee to have the same email as the email on "developer B's" account).
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

c716524 avatar image c716524 commented ·

I see, after testing this, I am also able to associate my devkit within my own dev account with the new merchant - great! thanks a lot

1 Like 1 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community