question

morenoh149 avatar image
morenoh149 asked morenoh149 commented

Is ok to ask merchants to sign into our custom clover app?

I'm building a service where merchants can use our app as a custom tender. Right now I'm thinking of having the android app issue a POST to create a transaction against our api. Creating a transaction should require authorization.

Do other clover apps have merchants sign into their service? Meaning the merchant will have an account with a third party (us).
App Market
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

c716524 avatar image c716524 commented ·

Besides Clover authentication, I think some apps use additionally an own login system, due to an existing customer base that already has credentials that are not only used for Clover, but also for other services.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
chanel avatar image
chanel Deactivated answered morenoh149 commented
Having a third party account isn't a restriction, but you will need to discuss the details with App Market Operations who reviews your app.

It may be best for you to write a step by step process that explains what a merchant would need to do in various situations and why it's required for your app. Then email this to appmarketbusiness@clover.com and discuss what they would consider to be appropriate.
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

morenoh149 avatar image morenoh149 commented ·

I think in my particular situation I can bypass merchant login by delivering the user's cookie and account id via the barcode. Then the merchant android app can just send {cookie, account_id, order_total} to my api and attempt the transaction. I've been told that the clover device tracks order payment totals, so I think if I publish a custom tender clover does some bookkeeping but the merchant should settle funds directly with my company.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community