question

pradeep avatar image
pradeep asked Raymond Lee Deactivated commented

NFC payment option gives error "please present one card only" when my app reads NFC card

Hi,

From other questions, I understood that Clover flex now allows app to use NFC reader for reading cards for non payment purposes.
I have written a small app that reads the NFC data from a card when it is tapped when the app is open.
My app works and is able to read NFC data.

However, I notice that once the app is run, the Sale app of Clover flex stops accepting tap payments. It gives an error 3 error messages
CARD READ OK
REMOVE CARD

Please present one card only.

Here is the code used for reading the NFC.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10Mn3zgKO8gViUa...

Any help would be appreciated.
Clover Android SDKClover Flex
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Raymond Lee avatar image
Raymond Lee Deactivated answered Raymond Lee Deactivated commented
I was able to reproduce your issue, and have confirmed that it is indeed a bug. I have filed a ticket to have this fixed.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!
2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

pradeep avatar image pradeep commented ·

Hi Raymond,

I was keeping an eye out on the developer release notes, but did not yet see mention of a fix.

Would you be able to help and let me know if a fix has been applied yet?

regards

Pradeep

0 Likes 0 ·
Raymond Lee avatar image Raymond Lee pradeep commented ·

Correct, the OS/ROM update that has this fix has not been released yet, although the update is planned to be released in the next coming few weeks, so I estimate you should see it soon.

Thanks for your patience!

0 Likes 0 ·
pradeep avatar image
pradeep answered Raymond Lee Deactivated commented
Thanks for helping, Raymond (which is why everybody loves Raymond :) ).
Could you let me know how to get the fix?
1 comment
10 |2000

Raymond Lee avatar image Raymond Lee commented ·

No problem! :)

The fix has to be done on Clover's end, so no further action is needed from you. We will announce when the fix is applied through our release notes sent through email, and posted on this Announcements page. If you are not receiving the release notes emails, you can click on one of the release notes from the Announcements page, and there is a sign up link you can click at the bottom of the release notes.

0 Likes 0 ·
pradeep avatar image
pradeep answered Raymond Lee Deactivated commented
Hi Raymond,
I did not get an update about this in the subsequent releases.

Would you know whether this is fixed yet, or whether it is in the pipeline?
regards
CK
1 comment
10 |2000

Raymond Lee avatar image Raymond Lee commented ·

I have confirmed that this is fixed, however the fix has not been rolled out to Sandbox/Prod yet.

Unfortunately I do not have a specific release date, as the fix requires an OS update, which are not as frequent as Clover app updates. I can only give a rough estimate of an update coming out within the next couple months.

0 Likes 0 ·
pradeep avatar image
pradeep answered
Thanks Raymond.
regards
Pradeep CK
10 |2000

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community