question

morenoh149 avatar image
morenoh149 asked morenoh149 answered

Do I have to submit my apk for approval before I can install it on a test device?

I have uploaded my apk as outlined in

https://docs.clover.com/clover-platform/docs/testi...

How do I install my app on my test clover mini gen2? My app does not show up when I open "More Tools" and search for my app by name.

https://community.clover.com/questions/1140/in-sandbox-cant-submit-apk.html says "Uploading your apk to Sandbox automatically makes it available for testing to your test merchant(s)" does that mean I have to login under a certain account on my test device?
App Market
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

morenoh149 avatar image
morenoh149 answered

I got it working. I changed my wifi to use my iPhone and double-checked that the device was connected to the internet by `Settings > Network & internet > WiFI` and making sure the status read `Connected`. Then in the sandbox after clicking "Preview in App Market" the app status was reverted to "Connect" (it was unconnected). After clicking through the app was installed on the test device (mini gen2).

1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

zgreathouse avatar image zgreathouse commented ·

Got it, so the issue with the app not installing on device was due to lack of network connectivity. Thank you for letting us know!

2 Likes 2 ·
zgreathouse avatar image
zgreathouse Deactivated answered zgreathouse Deactivated converted comment to answer
Your dev kit should be associated with your developer account's test merchant. To install the app on your test merchant you can do the following:
1. Go to your developer dashboard
2. Scroll down to your app and click the green "Preview in App Market" link
3. Once redirected to the app market view of your app, click the green "Connect" button
4. Select the subscription option (probably "FREE") and click Accept.
5. Your device should then shortly after download the app if connected to the internet.
4 comments
10 |2000

morenoh149 avatar image morenoh149 commented ·

Is there anyway to trigger or force the device to install the app from the marketplace? The app I submitted is already in the final state you described in your instructions. I have also connected the test device to the internet and verified that the test account is the same on the device and the dashboard.

0 Likes 0 ·
chanel avatar image chanel morenoh149 commented ·

The only way to install the app is through the Developer Dashboard in a browser (not on device).

At what point in the instructions provided are you having issues?

0 Likes 0 ·
morenoh149 avatar image morenoh149 chanel commented ·

after step 4. I have installed the app via the test merchant dashboard in the browser. The app however never gets installed on the test device. The device is connected to the internet.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community