question

johnrs avatar image
johnrs asked James Tickett commented

Does Clover allow a custom tender to do a partial payment?

I created a custom tender application that mimics the example one and when I click to pay for my order it goes to my application, the transaction happens successfully, but is there a way to send back to the Register application how much I was actually able to use?

There is an Intent that goes back when I call finish but it doesn't reduce the total amount of the order when it goes back.

Thank you

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered James Tickett commented

Yes, you can respond with an amount, which can be less than the total amount. Please see the docs for ACTION_MERCHANT_TENDER in the class Intents in the Clover Android SDK.

4 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

johnrs avatar image johnrs commented ·

Thanks, this was the answer I was looking for.

0 Likes 0 ·
James Tickett avatar image James Tickett commented ·

Hi Jeff,

I've just used this method but the problem I have now is that the Order seems to be marked as complete... in a sense. Orders app shows "Partially Paid" but when querying via the API, the Order has:

"state": "locked" "payType": "FULL"

I have noticed that from the Payments app I can use "split custom", choose an amount there, pay that predefined amount in custom tender through other app, and then it shows:

"payType": "SPLIT_CUSTOM",

Problem is we need to move into our app, choose the amount of bonus points to use from there (based on points balance) and then push this into Payments

0 Likes 0 ·
James Tickett avatar image James Tickett commented ·

Any idea how to achieve this?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

Locked doesn't mean "complete". Locked means that you cannot modify the order. An order is locked if it has any payments, refunds, or credits. You won't be able to add items to an order after it's been paid (partially or otherwise).

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community