question

conmulligan avatar image
conmulligan asked veerendrajetty commented

Clover app compiled with SDK level 28

Our Clover app depends on WorkManager which requires the app be compiled with version 28 of the Android SDK. According to the Clover docs, the minimum SDK should always be 17 and the target SDK should not be greater than 25, it doesn't give clear guidance on if there's an upper limit to the compile SDK version.

Can we expect any issues if we submit our app compiled with SDK level 28?
Clover Android SDK
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

zgreathouse avatar image
zgreathouse Deactivated answered veerendrajetty commented
There is no upper limit to what you can set your compiledSDKVersion to. You shouldn't expect any issues setting your compiledSDKVersion to 28.

The only real rule surrounding your compiledSDKVersion is that you cannot set your it to be lower than your target SDK.
9 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

conmulligan avatar image conmulligan commented ·

Great, thanks!

1 Like 1 ·
zgreathouse avatar image zgreathouse conmulligan commented ·

Happy to help!

0 Likes 0 ·
veerendrajetty avatar image veerendrajetty commented ·

It is not True, my app is not uploading with same reason, My App compiledSDKVersion and TargetSDKversion is 28, still clover doesn't allow my app to upload.

0 Likes 0 ·
1577167133440.png (25.2 KiB)
David Marginian avatar image David Marginian ♦♦ veerendrajetty commented ·

The targetSDKVersion has to be 25 or below - https://docs.clover.com/clover-platform/docs/setting-android-sdk-versions. The approved answer is talking about the compiledSDKVersion not the targetSDKVersion.

0 Likes 0 ·
veerendrajetty avatar image veerendrajetty David Marginian ♦♦ commented ·

ok, What is the meaning for this "You shouldn't expect any issues setting your compiledSDKVersion to 28" ?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community