question

dimitarz avatar image
dimitarz asked zgreathouse Deactivated answered

Order and payment through website

Hi, working on building a simple website for ordering and paying for items. Looking for guidance on what the correct integration with clover should be.

From reading the docs, it looks like I'd have to create a clover app in the marketplace and have my merchant install it and authenticate with it so I can get the token. Then use the token for ordering/purchasing through the website. Is this the correct pattern? Seems strange to have to put the app in the marketplace as it's only meant for 1 merchant?
OrdersPayments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

zgreathouse avatar image
zgreathouse Deactivated answered

What you have gathered from our documentation is correct.

To utilize our APIs in a production environment, where you are handling actual people's data and (potentially) credit cards, we strictly require publication into the Clover App Market. Each app submitted for publication undergoes technical and legal review. This is primarily to protect Merchant's and Customer's data and adhere to various legal requirements.

2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

dimitarz avatar image dimitarz commented ·

Is there a beta I can run with the merchant before the technical/legal review?

0 Likes 0 ·
zgreathouse avatar image zgreathouse dimitarz commented ·

There is not.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community