question

sadnci032 avatar image
sadnci032 asked zgreathouse Deactivated answered

Detecting when user makes changes to inventory android

I noticed there are no public broadcasts on android for detecting when a user has added an inventory item. It seems like a way around this might be using webhooks and notifications. However this seems to be slow, and I need to perform an action immediately after the inventory has been changed. Is there any way to efficiently do this without polling?
InventoryIntentsBroadcasts
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

zgreathouse avatar image
zgreathouse Deactivated answered
You are correct, there is not a broadcast for when an item is added to your inventory with our SDKs.

Usually additions to the inventory are purely administrative. Just as well, the device syncs automatically with Clover servers, so (if an item was added via the merchant dashboard) such apps as the Clover's Register App and Inventory App would automatically update to show the newly added items in their indexes.

May I ask for some context regarding your use case for listening for when an item is added to the inventory?
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community