question

ajay32 avatar image
ajay32 Suspended asked Raymond Lee Deactivated commented

Does clover has an external credit card reader?

I am going over the clover payment app from my app to do the payment.now when we come to the payment screen where we put credit card information of user.Do we have any device that we put the card in and got data in the clover payment app. Or is there any other way around ? How much Clover Go device is suitable for this scenario.
Clover Android SDKClover Go
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Raymond Lee avatar image
Raymond Lee Deactivated answered Raymond Lee Deactivated commented
Yes, Clover has an external credit card reader, as you mentioned it is Clover Go. It is a suitable device in your case if you want to take payments using a phone/tablet, as well as read the payment result data from the Clover Go device.
2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ajay32 avatar image ajay32 commented ·

Suppose if i have an application that does not work on any clover device but in android tablet (Lenovo tab) and i am planing to integrate developer Pay API in that but the lack here is i would not possibly have access token to run the API. so in that case could i use clover go to do the payment through lenovo tab without integrating the developer Pay API. or just let me know how exactly it works ?

Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
Raymond Lee avatar image Raymond Lee ajay32 commented ·

Correct, you can use Clover Go with your Lenovo tablet, and it will handle taking "card present" payments for you. Developer Pay API is for taking "card not present" payments, so in this case, you do not need to use Developer Pay API to take payments, since you have the Clover Go device to handle payments.

Here is some documentation on Clover Go.

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community