question

jbarry avatar image
jbarry asked zgreathouse Deactivated edited

Can I use an old Clover device as a dev kit or to test my app?

I have an old clover 1.0 terminal that I would like to use for testing my new Clover app prior to submission for approval. Can this be done or do I need to purchase a new dev kit terminal?
SandboxClover StationDevKit
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

zgreathouse avatar image zgreathouse commented ·

We can determine which environment your device belongs to (Production or Sandbox) via the serial number. If you provide me with the serial number I'd be happy to check for you.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

zgreathouse avatar image
zgreathouse Deactivated answered
If the device you have is a production device, then this cannot be done and you will need to purchase a dev kit for testing your app on device.

However, if the device you have is a dev kit (Sandbox Device), then you would need to simply disassociate the device from the current test merchant and then associate it to your test merchant.

To disassociate a device you must:
1. Log into your developer account (developer who's test merchant is associated with the device)
2. Go to the Dev Kit tab of your Developer Dashboard
3. Scroll down to the device you would like to disassociate
4. Click disassociate
(Make sure the device is online when disassociating. The device will be alerted by the server to factory reset and disassociate the merchant.)

Docs for associating a merchant to a device:
https://docs.clover.com/build/setup-devkit/#associate-your-device
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community