question

yurito avatar image
yurito asked zgreathouse Deactivated answered

Web app sandbox

Hi,
It's my first time digging around Clover docs and playing with sandbox, so I have some questions.

What's required for a web portal?
As I understand it, I just need a website link that I use to create a web app. Do I need an android web view?

Can a web app be installed on a merchant kit?

Can we preview the sandbox app without getting developer kit?
I only saw a preview link on a non-sandbox account.

Can we rent a developer kit to see if it's the right decision for us before committing to it?
Webhooks
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

zgreathouse avatar image
zgreathouse Deactivated answered
What's required for a web portal? As I understand it, I just need a website link that I use to create a web app. Do I need an android web view?
- Here are the docs outlining how to upload a web application. (To upload a web application you need so set the URL of your site, you need to set the permissions, and then install the app on your test merchant before implementing Clover OAuth.)

Can a web app be installed on a merchant kit?
- A web application cannot be installed on a Clover Device, but the Merchant must have it 'installed' on their Merchant account to successfully be authenticated through Clover OAuth. Websites are not native apps, so they are hosted not installed locally on a device.

Additionally, web apps can only be used in a web browser on your computer or mobile phone. In a Native application you can create a web view for your web app.

Can we preview the sandbox app without getting developer kit?
I only saw a preview link on a non-sandbox account.

- Yes you can preview in Sandbox as well. Also, you can run your applications in an emulator ( Here are the docs on how to set that up.)

Can we rent a developer kit to see if it's the right decision for us before committing to it?
- We do not rent out dev kits, except for within certain regions. The advantages to a Dev Kit over an emulator is that any Hardware dependent processes cannot be done on an emulator like on a Dev Kit. This includes card reading/ anything to do with card payments, printing receipts...etc. If your application does not require any hardware dependent features what so ever, then running on an emulator may be in your best interest.
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community