question

brokenoval avatar image
brokenoval asked Jeffrey Blattman commented

How to disable the lock screen or bypass programatically?

I thought I saw a reference to something similar before but can't find it in the community so apologies if this is a duplicate question.

I have an app that will automatically load when the device restarts, either on a manual restart or the automatic 24hr restart. However after a reboot the Clover device will automatically go to the Employee PIN screen. I'd like to bypass this PIN screen by either disabling it manually via settings, or programatically clicking the equivalent of the "Quick Access" option.

Is there any way to accomploish this?

If not, is there any way to disable the 24 hr reboot?

Thanks in advance.
lockscreen
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered Jeffrey Blattman commented
No you can't disable 24 hour reboot. It's required to meet payment industry rules.

No we won't have a way to unlock the screen. I'm sick of of us not having this though and I'm going to go add it now. I can't give a timeline on when it'd be released however. At best it'd be early next year since we are locked down for the holiday season.
12 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dan avatar image Dan commented ·

Jeff you are the man

1 Like 1 ·
brokenoval avatar image brokenoval commented ·

Thanks Jeff - sounds like good functionality to have at least programatically. I thought the employee PIN entry might be a PCI requirement but I've dug through the PTS Standards and it doesn't seem to be. Although like you say the 24 hour reboot/ self test is a requirement (B1).

0 Likes 0 ·
brokenoval avatar image brokenoval commented ·
@Jeffrey Blattman

Just wondering if you managed to push this into the dev agenda for next year, and if so what likely solution would look like (i.e. programatic bypass, or merchant/ device setting in and around the Quick Access setting)

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ brokenoval commented ·

I'd encourage you to contact dev@clover.com or appmarketbusiness@clover.com to inquire about a release date. You can mention my name if it helps. The interface is looking if you have a certain Android permission, you'll be able to programmatically unlock the screen as whatever employee you like. Obviously the permission is something we'd closely scrutinize before publishing an app.

1 Like 1 ·
ismdcf avatar image ismdcf commented ·

@Jeffrey Blattman
Just wanted to check whether is this possible now? Since the question was posted last year November, we were wondering whether is there a programmatic solution available now.

If so, will you be able to point us to a guide or a code snippet which will resolve this?

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ ismdcf commented ·

No it is not released yet. I'd expect it within the next month.

0 Likes 0 ·
ismdcf avatar image ismdcf Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

@Jeffrey Blattman - Is this now available in the sandbox & production environments?

1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community