question

brokenoval avatar image
brokenoval asked brokenoval commented

How to set up a Star Micronics Kitchen printer

I have a Star TSP100 printer recently delivered but cannot connect it to my Clover Mini.

I have plugged the USB connection in but cannot find the printer in the Printers app.

Has anyone connected one of these printers to a Clover device before? If so, what am I missing?

Thanks in advance!

Clover MiniPrint
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered brokenoval edited
You cannot use this printer with a Mini. The system currently has the limitation of one USB printer, and the internal printer is it.

If you need a second printer to test with I recommend the TSP700, which is an impact, ethernet printer or the TSP100 ethernet.
3 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brokenoval avatar image brokenoval commented ·

Right, OK thanks Jeff

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ brokenoval commented ·

To be clear, the TSP700 can only be used as a kitchen printer w/ Clover. Just want to make sure you don't dump $300 or whatever it is on the wrong one. Ask if you have any questions.

0 Likes 0 ·
brokenoval avatar image brokenoval Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks Jeff. I was hoping to use the TSP100 because it is smaller and less noisy. I spotted that its supported in another thread. I got a different one now, the LAN one instead of USB but its still not connecting. Are there any further steps to follow to set this up? I've looked at this article: https://www.clover.com/us/en/help/set-up-a-kitchen-printer/

Can I connect the printer directly to the Clover device using the LAN cable, or do I have to connect both the printer and Clover device to the modem via LAN and then connect over the network itself?

Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered brokenoval commented
@brokenOval I'm posting this in an answer because I need the space.

No the Clover device can't act as a router for the printer so do not direct connect. They both need to be connected to a router.

The first thing to verify is if the printer and Clover device are on the same subnet. Compare the Clover devices's IP and that of the printer. You can cause the printer to echo it's status my holding down the big round button on the front panel while powering it on. I don't remember exactly about that so consult your manual if you have trouble. Printer should print out a bunch of things but also it's current IP address. You can also adb into the Clover device and ping the printer's IP address.
1 comment
10 |2000

brokenoval avatar image brokenoval commented ·

Useful info - thank you

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community