question

fullint avatar image
fullint asked fullint commented

Android App - how to make payment - secure pay and register pay

Hi,

If I'm developing an Android app for a clover device in the UK, what is the best way to make a payment from the app (using contactless, swipe or chip and PIN)?

There are two options given I believe, register pay and secure pay, but the secure pay example doesn't work, can someone please advise?
Clover Android SDK
1 comment
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

If you need help with the example that doesn't work, we'd need to know something about the problem to help.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image
Jeffrey Blattman answered fullint commented
Normally you'd go through Payments (ACTION_CLOVER_PAY). This is the full payment UI that will give the merchant the option of choosing their tender, splitting the payment, receipt printing, etc.

Secure Payments is only credit card payments.

As for the sample, you can look at https://github.com/clover/remote-pay-android-examples/tree/master/native-android-example-pos. This is an entire POS example and not the pointed "start secure payments" example you are looking for. IMHO we simpler example was removed in error, but here we are.

7 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

fullint avatar image fullint commented ·
Thanks you for your swift response.

For secure payments - I presume you mean debit card too? Also, sorry, I should have clarified, this link:

https://github.com/clover/android-examples/tree/ma...

No longer works. Also, I presume this needs a secure payments app on the clover store that I cannot locate?

If I was to use action clover pay, would this work across the Flex, Mini and Station?
0 Likes 0 ·
Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ fullint commented ·

See updated answer.

0 Likes 0 ·
fullint avatar image fullint Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

Thank you, I shall give this a go!

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community