question

jose avatar image
jose asked chanel Deactivated commented

How to allow any merchants to use a common Clover app?

We are creating an App which allows any Clover's user to use our App with common webhook URL (webhook URL could be for any event types like payment created or new order etc.). We've created an App and successfully authenticated with the developer Sandbox account. Now we want to allow another user with new Merchant to connect with the app which I've created in my account but couldn't do it successfully. Here what I have done:1) When I execute the code it asks for username and password then I enter my account credential so it shows me all the merchant is available to connect with the App which is perfect, I can choose any Merchant to set-up. Everything is working fine till here.2) Again when I execute the code it asks for credentials, now this time I'll enter different user's credentials to allow its Merchant to connect with my Clover app but it says "not found". Here I am unable to connect different account's Merchant to use my App. Could you guide us step by step to make it happen or let us know if you've any question about this?
OAuth
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

zgreathouse avatar image
zgreathouse Deactivated answered chanel Deactivated commented
Merchants must have the App installed on their Merchant account to be successfully authenticated. Are you verifying each Merchant using the app has it installed? If not, please review this post: https://community.clover.com/questions/13863/does-a-merchant-needs-to-install-my-web-app-in-ord.html
2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jose avatar image jose commented ·

Thanks for the reply! since Merchants must have the App installed on their Merchant account so that App should be in Clover market and of course it should be approved? Would it be possible by Sandbox account or I will be needing production account with app aproval and all?

0 Likes 0 ·
chanel avatar image chanel jose commented ·

Apps must go through the App Approval Process in the production environment. More information can be found here: https://docs.clover.com/launch/launch-overview/

0 Likes 0 ·

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community