question

hleach avatar image
hleach asked justina Deactivated commented

Customer Mode Escape

Similar to the question asked here:

https://community.clover.com/questions/12238/probl...

I too am having the issue with the sale app popping up on chipped card insertion. My problem is the opposite however. I don't want customer mode to be exited and completing a payment allows the user full escape from customer mode and access to other apps and settings. This completely nullifies the point of customer mode and compromises the security of the device when in a customer's hands.

Is there some way to prevent this customer mode escape in a way that will not lock the user up in the sale app? Inserting a card when not prompted is an extremely common occurrence.

Thanks, Heath
PaymentsSalelockscreen
2 comments
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeffrey Blattman avatar image Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

Can you please specifically list the steps that occur and where it "fails" for you? There are many ways to invoke the payment flow and many different screens, some of which are customer facing and some which are not.

0 Likes 0 ·
hleach avatar image hleach Jeffrey Blattman ♦♦ commented ·

Yes, on a sandboxed Flex, from an app in customer mode:

Dip a card invoking the sale app.

Press "1", ringing in $0.01.

Press "Cash"

Press "$0.01"

Press "Continue" causing the "All Done" screen to appear.

Touch the screen, and at this point you can see the customer mode lock disengage and you can use the Android navigation bar to close out of the Sale app and the original customer mode locked app.

You then have full access to the device with whatever permissions it was currently punched in with.

Thanks, Heath

0 Likes 0 ·
zgreathouse avatar image
zgreathouse Deactivated answered
The secure app launching upon a chip card being inserted is an intentional feature. This is to make transactions between Merchants and Customers flow smoother and to help Merchants adhere to PCI Compliance. You can review our hardware’s PCI PTS information by searching for Clover at https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/assessors_and_solutions/pin_transaction_devices

However, we are familiar that RPower is implementing a Native Integration. So, in your specific case, we will have our Native Integration team reach out to you and work with you directly on this issue.
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

hleach avatar image
hleach answered justina Deactivated commented
Thank you. I appreciate it, Heath
10 |2000

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community