question

sc-info avatar image
sc-info asked pst edited

multiple POS software, one device

Can multiple POS software on the same machine communicate to a Clover device using the Clover Connector at the same time?
semi-integrations
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

keithryanwong avatar image
keithryanwong Deactivated answered
The Remote-Pay-SDKs are built on the idea that there is a 1-to-1 relationship between a POS and a Clover device. This entails having one physical Clover Connector object open throughout the day. Clover will only support this type of architecture.

10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

pst avatar image
pst answered pst edited
I might add that, due to limitations of the POS I was integrating to, I had to write my CloverConnector implementation as a Middleware "service" that runs on each client which listens for requests from the POS application, interacts with the device, and then sends responses back to the POS... In theory, the "service" could listen for several POS applications simultaneously, though since it can only handle one request at a time, you'd probably need to include some sort of queueing of requests.
10 |2000

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community