question

info-1 avatar image
info-1 asked Lee Tickett answered

How do I produce a report that shows all transactions, line items, modifiers and how they were paid for ?

We're a consignment store that sells items for multiple clients. I wish to pass on the card processing fees to each client appropriately for any items that sell. I can produce a canned report (on clover.com) that shows all of the items and modifiers (used to identify the differing clients items at POS time) and a seperate report that shows how each transaction was settled (cash, check, card).
While summarizing monthly sales for each client, I need all of this data in one report otherwise I have to run the two reports and manually merge them via the transaction ID which takes a long time and lots of patience.
Others must have this issue, how do they get around it ? Is there an App or am I using Modifiers in the wrong way or is there a report that I'm not seeing somewhere ?
Any help would be appreciated.
SaleModifiers
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Lee Tickett avatar image
Lee Tickett answered
It's not really possible as Clover do not tie payments and items together.

Consider buying a beer for $5 and a burger for $10 then paying $7.50 by cash and $7.50 by card. The payment is simply made against the order not the items.

We have another reporting app in the pipeline where we intend to tackle this by assuming a split but until then you're going to struggle.

You may want to try our current Custom Reports app to see whether it will make producing your current report any quicker (it can spit out items and payments in a single report but you will have to do some apportioning/manipulation)
10 |2000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Welcome to the
Clover Developer Community